331fe3eb300f359ae7d86df9945f7b99 http://tulsasstar.com/53c8814d45f9eda78b5405cb1161e295094cdb52.html


Welcome To Tulsa's Star Newspaper

Our Stories Begin When


 The Investigation Ends

To Navigate the site, simply click The Place You Want In The Box On The Lower Left For The Most Current Monthly Issues


For Back Issues Click "Newspaper Features."

Courtroom Trials Are Under COURTHOUSE. For an in depth look inside criminal court trial cases, Click the "Inside The Courtroom" trial number.

     For Current Weather Info, See Home Page

For A Peek At The Upcoming Edition, Look Inside The Newsroom by clicking on  "Composing-Newsroom."


PO Box 692117, Tulsa, OK 74169


April 2015
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
Newspaper Features
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014


HEADLINES FOR THE MARCH 2013 EDITION OF YOUR TULSA’S STAR: CHAIN PULL: Price To Get Chain Pulled For Putting Himself In The Middle Of A Neighborhood Cat Fight - Man Learns Hard Way That A Ride To Work With A Lady Can Lead To A Wrench To The Head - Burglarizing Neighbors’ Vehicles Gets Lanik A Seat On Transport To Prison - T-TOWN CRIME TABLET: North side Street Shooters Await Preliminary Hearing For November 29th Attacks - Suspect Jailed On Shooting And Robbery Cases Partners Not Identified - Borden Has A Court Date To Defend Himself Against 12 Counts Of Child Sexual Abuse - Georgia Woman Arrested For March 2012 Attack On Daughter With Spiked High Heel Shoe - Judge’s Ruling Gives Hope A Chance - Block Continues Her Felonious Lifestyle And Has A Ball Along The Way - Convicted Thief Discovers What A Difference A Last Name Makes - Meth-Makers’ Arrest A Reminder Of A Dark Day At Comanche Park Apartments - Conviction For Assault On A Police Officer May Impact Upon Decision in Gilliam Knife Assault Case - TULSA COUNTY CRIME TIME: Justice Center Dr. Recommends Child Abuse Victim Be Removed From Home And Be Given “A Place To Heal” - Defendants In Broken Arrow Drug Trafficking Case Sentenced On Reduced Charges - Three Charged In Bixby Meth-Making 1st-Degree Arson - WHERE ARE THEY NOW?: Life Would Be A Whole Lot Different If She Hadn’t Parked Her Mustang There - Blades Discovers Giving A Party Can Leave A Big Big Mess - Armed Robbery Convict Gets Probation Codefendant Nears Judicial Review - Embezzler Who Targeted Only $100 Bills Faces Challenges In Paying Restitution - Johnson Finds That A Forged Prescription For A Pain Relief Narcotic Can Cause More Legal Pain Than It’s Worth - Grandpa “Crashes” And Pleads Guilty To Three Counts Of Lewd Molestation - Child Sex Abuser Gets 25-Year prison Sentence With A Little Something Extra POLICE BLOTTER: The Month Of Tulsa County Arrests (Approximately 10%) And A Daily Tally Of DUI Arrests.





                                                                                       Chain Pull - Prisoners Set For Transport To DOC Facilities                 



Headline: Price To Get Chain Pulled For Putting Himself In The Middle Of A Neighborhood Cat Fight (Two images). .  Dejuan Deando Price, (10/1/83), of 13214 E. 17th Place has been in Tulsa Jail since his arrest on February 26, 2012. He and his sister Nicole R. Price, (11/7/71), both had warrants issued for their arrest, issued by Tulsa County Judge Youll. The pair was charged with shooting with intent to kill (SWIK), and discharging a weapon into a dwelling. Dejuan was charged additionally with possession of a firearm AFCF, transporting a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle, and trespassing after forbidden. Nicole was also wanted on two counts of being an accessory after the fact. Both had bonds totaling well over $100,000.
    What are the facts to which Nicole was charged with being an accessory?
  According to District Court records, Nicole and her neighbor from across the street at 11817 East 36th Street, Anna Taylor, were engaged in a heated argument, both yelling insult after insult at each other, the afternoon of December 1, 2011.
  Anna would later tell Tulsa Police investigators that theirs was an ongoing dispute since the day Nicole moved in across the street from her. She said it was her belief that Nicole’s animosity towards her was precipitated by the fact that she is White, but dates and lives with a Black man.
   When the argument got really heated, witnesses said they saw Nicole on a phone and then shortly afterwards, a Black male drove up in a black 4-door vehicle and stopped in front of Anna’s house. At that point, Anna and her boyfriend moved back inside of the dwelling.
  “Where are they?” yelled Nicole. “Where is she - are they hiding?” The Black male walked into Anna’s yard, and she yelled “Get off my property!” The man did retreat, at least to the trunk of his vehicle, where he retrieved a black handgun. “Come on outside, now?” witnesses heard Nicole yelling.
The gunman then aimed the weapon at the house and began firing, but fortunately, the two victims weren’t going to stand in the doorway to watch as he shot at them.
  On December 17, 2012, Price, represented by Bliss Lowe, stood before Tulsa District Court Judge Caputo and waived his right to trials. The defendant entered a guilty plea to all charges. His plea was accepted by the judge who promptly sentenced him.
  When Price was arrested on February 26, 2012, as mentioned above, it was not because of this particular case. Price had been caught near 6329 S. Owasso Place driving a borrowed Honda and possessing marijuana with the intent to distribute. That charge would be dismissed on April 2, 2012.
  On each of the first three charges listed above for Price, he was sentenced to five years in DOC custody, and for the lesser charges of transporting a loaded firearm in a vehicle and trespassing where forbidden, he received one year on each. All sentences are to run concurrently, but he’ll have to spend 85% of the five years behind bars for count one - SWIK. Price was credited for time served, was fined a total of $2000, and assessed court and other costs. He requested immediate transportation.
  All charges against Nicole Price were dismissed by the state, and representing the state in the prosecution of this case at sentencing was Kali Strain.


Headline: Man Learns Hard Way That A Ride To Work With A Lady Can Lead To A Wrench To The Head (One Image). .  Jerome Louis Matthews, aka Robert Matthews, (8/31/78), has three separate sentences to deal with, stemming from shady and violent acts that he has committed in Tulsa and Pawnee Counties. It is the two cases in Tulsa County for which he will be traveling to a DOC facility in order to pay his debt to society.
   We’ll start with the “shady.” According to a Tulsa Police affidavit, Matthews was making his truck payments to Azteka Motors in Tulsa and owed the dealership $9,185.00 on the balance of the loan.
  The last payment he made to them was on December 2, 2012, which happened to be the day he sold the truck to Lisa Bowie for $7,500. What a deal for Bowie. Matthews told Bowie that the truck was his free and clear at the time of the sale.
  Bowie registered the truck in her name and she and her boyfriend, Henry Hamilton were enjoying ownership of the vehicle until Azteka Motors, the lien holder, repossessed it.
  Then there occurred a violent situation where a man was clubbed over the head with a monkey wrench just because he befriended a woman Matthews was dating.
  The assault, which was filed by the DA’s Office as robbery with a dangerous weapon, occurred March 6, 2012.
  For the victim, Gerren Quinn Reed, had no way of seeing it coming. The woman with whom Matthews was dating, Ebony Abbington, and Reed had become friends and with the friendship came a reciprocal arrangement that was beneficial to both of them. She owned a vehicle and Reed did not. Therefore, Reed would drive Abbington’s vehicle to take her to work, drop her off and continue on to his job at 14012 E. 21st Street. When work was over he’d pick up Abbington and she’d drive him to his residence.
  Their system was working well until March 6, 2012. Reed was at work when he was approached by a man whom he had never seen before, nor met. The stranger told Reed to give him the keys to the vehicle he was driving and Reed refused.  “Give me the keys, or I will do you right here!” Matthews was quoted telling Reed. That’s when Matthews took the wrench from his pocket and bludgeoned Reed over the head.

 Reed was wobbled by the blow. He was cut on the forehead but he managed to remain conscious, but nearly immobilized. Matthews had stunned him enough, however, to retrieve the keys from his pocket and exit Reed’s workplace. Co-workers who had witnessed the event called Tulsa Police. Upon their arrival, officers found the victim still woozie from the blow, and the suspect long gone. When Reed went to an emergency treatment center, Matthews returned to the parking lot and took the vehicle.

  Tulsa Police investigators interviewed Abbington, and learned from her things that Reed had not heard during the time of their ride share arrangement. Her boyfriend had, she said, for a period of time, been calling her phone and threatening her with harm.
   The day after the attack on Reed, Matthews called Abbington and told her that he had her vehicle and bragged about what he “did to her boy.” He said he would leave her car at 14011 E. 23rd Street. She went to that location, spotted the vehicle, then called the police to retrieve it for her.
  A warrant was issued for Matthews’ arrest on May 31, 2012, by Tulsa County Judge C. Smith, with a bond of $50,000.
   On January 2, 2013, Matthews stood before Judge Smith, represented by Glen Dresback. Matthews waived his right to a preliminary hearing and his right to trials, then entered a plea of no contest to the charge of robbery with a dangerous weapon. The judge accepted the plea and immediately sentenced Jerome/Robert to 15 years in DOC custody (10 behind bars and five on probation). The sentence is to run concurrently with the sentence he received for selling the Azteka truck and a 2005 felony case out of Pawnee County. He was also assessed a fine of $500, court and other costs, and was credited for time served. Representing the state on this case was Mary Walters.




Headline: Burglarizing Neighbors' Vehicles Gets Lanik A Seat On Transport To Prison (One Image). .   Brian Lanik, (3/1/78) of 1530 N. Norwood Avenue was arrested July 28, 2012, at his residence on that  Saturday morning at 5:30 a.m. following a 5:06 a.m. attempted burglary of neighbor Andrea Caughron’s private vehicle. The victim lives at 1526 N. Norwood.
  Also, on that date, Lanik, according to Tulsa Police reports, had burglarized two other vehicles, including a Ford F-150 pickup that was also parked at 1526 N. Norwood, belonging to Thomas D. White.
  Having been out on bond the majority of the time since his initial arrest, Lanik was booked into Tulsa Jail on November 5, 2012, after a bench warrant was issued for his arrest when he did not appear as scheduled in District Court on October 5th.
  On January 4th, Lanik, represented by Richard Koller, appeared in Tulsa District Court before Judge Musseman and entered a no contest plea to all three charges. The judge promptly accepted Lanik’s plea and taking into consideration Lanik’s prior drug possession conviction, sentenced him on all charges to seven years in DOC custody. The sentences are to run concurrently, but the defendant was also fined a total of $1800, court costs and other costs. He was credited for time served. Representing the state for this sentencing was Sue Nigh, for Dwain Shaw.



                                                                             T-Town Crime Tablet - Felony Local Crimes                                              


Headline: North side Street Shooters Await Preliminary Hearing For November 29th Attacks (Three Images). . Readers may recall the random shooting spree three young individuals perpetrated against motor vehicle drivers in the early morning hours of Thursday November 29th at about 5:00 a.m.
  Brittany Shaunnice Sanders, (9/28/88), of 4329 N. Kenosha, Reggie Williams, 4/25/94, of 516 E. 59th Place North, and Demarreion Aldredge, 2/19/94, who gave no address when arrested, are all being held in Tulsa Jail. At the time of his arrest, Aldredge was a fugitive from Dallas County, Texas. All three shooting suspects were charged with two counts of shooting with intent to kill (SWIK) and pointing a deadly weapon (PDW), but Aldredge and Sanders’ charges were AFCF.
  Aldredge gave no phone number or home address to arresting officers, but he did list Lottie Mosely as his grandmother/next of kin and gave her “918” phone number.
  Initially, the Tulsa County DA’s Office filed counts one and two against the trio. All were charged with an attempt to randomly kill Phillip Eugene Gardner; and in a separate shooting incident, with actually wounding Brenda Marie Lewis.
  Their shooting spree ended as they continued seeking out other victims near 4400 North Hartford Avenue, when they took aim at Tulsa Police Officer Anderson’s police cruiser as it drove towards them.
   All three defendants are represented by the public defenders’ office. Their preliminary hearing is set to take place in the courtroom of Tulsa County Judge Youll.
  Prior to the SWIK/PDW incident in late November, Sanders had stood before Judge Youll on January 4, 2012, charged with felony false impersonation and LMFR that occurred on December 11, 2011.
  On that date, she had been caught stealing a package of $.88 (88 cent) Tampax tampons. Embarassing? Maybe. But her next move was felonious. She gave the police officer the name Charnel Jackson to avoid being held on an outstanding warrant.

   Represented by Marny Hill, Sanders entered a guilty plea and waived her right to a preliminary hearing and trials. The judge accepted her plea but withheld a finding of guilt. Instead, he placed her under the supervision of the DA’s Office and deferred sentencing on the charge of false impersonation for three years. Brittany was fined $500, and $250 for the court fund. For the Tampax tampon heist, Brittany’s sentencing was deferred for six months, she was assessed $250 for the court fund and $75 for victim compensation.
  It wasn’t long before Brittany was in non compliance with the rules governing her supervision by the District Attorney’s Office. An August 15, 2012 Violation Report stated that she had not properly notified the office of an address change, had not paid costs and fines, nor had she paid her fees for being supervised by their program. Because of those infractions, the DA’s Office requested from the court an  application to accelerate Sanders’ deferred sentences.
  On November 1, 2012, 28 days before the criminal acts with Demarreion and Williams, a bench warrant was issued for Sanders’ arrest for failure to pay. Bond was set at $1,736.
  On November 5, 2012 Sanders was back in custody and appeared before Tulsa District Court Judge Glassco. Represented by Angela Bonilla, the defendant confessed to the application to accelerate allegations. She was then scheduled to return to court on February 11, 2013 for sentencing on the LMFR and false impersonation charges. Upon her return to court from Tulsa Jail on that date, Judge Glassco passed the application to accelerate to a later date.


HEADLINE: Suspect Jailed On Shooting And Robbery Cases Partners Not Identified (One Image). . It was shortly after 10 p.m. on Sunday, January 6th, when Marquise Ladon “54” Fonville fired his weapon at David Eyitonya Williams at 4827 N. Garrison Place. The bullet struck its intended target in the abdomen. Williams was taken to a local hospital and survived his wound.
  That’s why Fonville isn’t facing a first-degree murder charge. Instead, he was arrested at the jailhouse on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (A&BWDW) with this case on January 16th.   Williams was additionally charged with possession of a firearm AFCF.
   A preliminary hearing on this case is scheduled for March 16th, before Tulsa Judge C. Smith.
  As Fonville, (1/23/85), hunkers down to fight the possibility of ending up with a long prison sentence in the above case, he still has some serious unfinished business remaining from August 26, 2012. He is accused of committing a conjoint armed robbery by home invasion with two unnamed Black males.
  On that date at about 10:45 p.m., Marquise allegedly committed the crime of first-degree burglary when he and two unidentified Black males broke into the residence through an unlocked door. They entered the residence of Coletta Sue Smith in the 1900 block of North Lansing Avenue.
  Fonville’s partners-in-crime were in no mood to play games with the victims, as shown when one of them kicked Coletta Smith in the face. Coletta and daughter, Ray Smith, were both held at gunpoint for nearly four hours, while the suspects searched the house and garage for whatever they felt was of value.
  During their extended stay over into the next morning, the three armed robbers collected custom Cadillac automobile rims, car audio components, jewelry, and laptops. They also gathered $530 in cash.
  During the Tulsa Police robbery investigation, an anonymous source told investigators they should be looking at Fonville, or “Fo,” as he’s known in the streets, Lafayette Wilson, and a cat called “Rio.”
  The Cadillac parked in Coletta’s garage belonged to Rodney Morgan. He told detectives that he had come across a CD deck that looked just like the one he owned, and Daryl “Wax” Jackson had possession of the player. He said Jackson told him he had bought it from Fonville and Fonville has a friend named Lafayette. Investigators were freshly aware of the name Marquise Fonville from other criminal activity.
  On November 19, 2012, Coletta Smith positively identified Fonville. “That’s him, the short fatter one,” she said.
  On February 13th, Fonville’s preliminary hearing on the Smith robbery case was passed to March 6th by Judge Smith. It would not be uncommon for it to be passed to coincide with the Williams’ shooting preliminary on March 16th. On this case, Fonville is represented by Angela Bonilla.




Headline:Borden Has A Court Date To Defend Himself Against 12 Counts Of Child Sexual Abuse (One Image). . Two sisters, who, for more than 10 years between January 1, 2001 and January 7, 2011, were ages placed in the care of their mother’s boyfriend. Today, the girls are 13 and 17-years-old, but back in 2011 they told authorities accounts of being sexually molested several times while in his home during that span of years.
  The molestation took many forms of sexual deviancy, but according to the girls, included rape in its two most common forms, and included rape by instrumentation.
  When Tulsa Police, with search warrant in hand, went to the home of the perpetrator, Phillip Steven Borden, 7/30/69, at 215 S. Nogales Avenue on February 21, 2011, they discovered several grams of marijuana, baggies, two digital scales, a 12-guage shotgun, and a .40 caliber Smith and Wesson handgun. They also confiscated a desktop computer and several CDs and DVDs.
  The day following the search of Borden’s Nogales Avenue residence, Tulsa County Judge Youll issued a warrant for Phillip’s arrest. At that point in time, the warrant listed one count of rape by instrumentation and three counts of lewd molestation. Each charge carried a bond of $100,000.

  However, when all charges were eventually filed, the DA’s Office listed 11 additional charges. Counts five six and seven all dealt with the drug, gun and paraphernalia charges and were dismissed by the court, counts eight and nine were for first-degree rape of victim under the age of 14; counts 10 through 12 were lewd acts with a minor; count 13 was forcible oral sodomy of a victim under 16, and counts 14 and 15 were two additional counts of lewd molestation.
  Borden was arrested and booked into Tulsa Jail on April 24, 2012. On September 10, 2012, Tulsa District Court Judge Gillert entered a not guilty plea to all charges on the defendant’s behalf and set a jury trial date for January 14th. That date was eventually changed to April 1, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.
  Borden, who now has a zero bond on all counts, is represented by John Dunn, and the state is represented by Andrea Brown.


Headline: Georgia Woman Arrested For March 2012 Attack On Daughter With Spiked High Heel Shoe:    Eva Mae Gibson, aka Eva Mae Simmons, (12/20/69), back in 2002 was charged with assault and battery on a Tulsa Police officer. The crime occurred on July 9th of that year. While other charges involved in that case were dismissed in 2003, including a second charge of A&B on a police officer, the lone A&B on a police officer charge was not disposed of until December 5, 2005. Simmons received a deferred sentence on that charge and was allowed by a Tulsa County Judge to transfer her probation to the state of Georgia’s Probation and Parole system.
  However, according to District Court records, the defendant was once again in trouble for crimes that occurred Christmas Eve, 2005, or 19 days after the aforementioned court date. In that case, Simmons was also charged and convicted on June 6th , of A&B, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor (to both charges she pled no contest). To the charge of resisting an officer, the defendant pled guilty.
   On February 7, 2013, Eva was back in Tulsa Jail following her arrest on a March 26, 2012 warrant for
  assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, with a $5000 bond. She bonded out the same day.
   According to a Tulsa Police detective’s affidavit, Simmons had traveled to Tulsa from her home in Warner, Georgia to attend a funeral on December 1, 2011. Later that same afternoon, she and her daughter, Deja Simmons, 20, became embroiled in an argument. The cause of the argument, according to Deja, was that her mother was meeting with different people to get prescription drugs illegally. Deja did not approve and confronted Eva and told her how displeased she was at seeing this. At that point, Eva shoved Deja and Deja shoved her mother back, before getting into her vehicle to leave.
  When Deja attempted to drive away, Eva chased after her, opened the driver’s side door, took off her high heel shoe with a spiked heel and began forcefully striking her daughter with the heel of the shoe. The shoe left wounds on Deja’s forearms, hands and leg. The attack ended when Eva fled the scene.


Headline: Judge’s Ruling Gives Hope A Chance (Three Images). . Sicily Denice Hope, (6/27/90), wasn’t initially a suspect when the DA’s Office, on August 31, 2012 filed charges against two men who were charged with keeping and concealing stolen property. They were Raphael Jerome Hamilton and Marvin Donnell Padgett.
  Hamilton was accused of holding and hiding a MacBook Pro tablet-style computer stolen from and belonging to Charles Gilmore on July 26, 2012.
  Hamilton and codefendant Padgett were both accused of keeping and concealing a computer that had been stolen from Shannon Hatcher five days later on July 31st.
  Then came September 21, 2012, when the DA’s Office amended its initial filing in District Court to include Hope, who shared a South Braden Avenue address with Hamilton.
  Hope’s charges encompassed both crimes for KCSP, but she was also charged with one count of false declaration in pawn. She had been arrested by Tulsa Police Officer Grafton prior to the DA filing formally, on August 31st and booked into Tulsa Jail on those charges.
  Hamilton was arrested seven days earlier than his roommate on Friday night, August 24th , as he cruised well above the speed limit at 13000 E. HWY 51/64.
  On January 10, 2013 Hamilton, represented by Mark Collier, entered a plea of guilty to two counts of KCSP. Raphael was given two two-year sentences in DOC custody to run concurrently, a total of $1200 in fines, $300 in victims’ compensation assessment and court costs. He awaits transportation.
  Hamilton, (10/24/81), had been charged with three counts of KCSP in another case, along with codefendant James M. Hersey back in 2002, but all charges were dismissed on both defendants by May of 2003. Hamilton was, however, left holding court costs.
  Padgett, (12/1/86), represented by Zach Young, had pled guilty to one count of KCSP on January 3rd. Tulsa County Judge C. Smith accepted his guilty plea and sentenced him to serve two years in DOC custody, a $500 fine, $250 victims’ compensation assessment and court costs. He is presently at Lexington Assessment and Reception Center in Lexington. His stay is scheduled to end on October 12th.
  Sicily, represented by Mark Collier, entered a guilty plea to all three charges against her on January 10th before Tulsa County Judge Youll. She was sentenced to three two-year prison sentences, but the judge withheld a finding of guilt by deferring her sentence and placing her under DA Office supervision until her case is reviewed on January 5, 2015. Her fines totaled $1800, $450 victims’ compensation assessment and all court costs.




Headline: Block Continues Her Felonious Lifestyle And Has A Ball Along The Way (two images). . Mahogany Rayyawn Block, (3/7/93), is no stranger to the pages of Tulsa’s Star having come on the
crime scene in an April Edition headline article about her and others being arrested following a daring daylight armed robbery of a north Tulsa Walgreen’s.
  We will have more on the Walgreen’s case later in this article, but presently, our focus is on Block’s most recent criminal enterprise that resulted in her arrest and the arrest of a relative newcomer to the city.
   Block and Latifah Lynn Ball, (10/12/94), who lists her place of birth as Marion, Ohio, both lived in separate residences. Ball at 10608 E. 66th with her boyfriend, Manuel Plain and Block, now at 3701 S. 112th E. Avenue, with her boyfriend Terrance Plain. Practically sister-in-laws, the two women, the DA’s Office alleges, got together and conspired to commit larceny (Block) and embezzlement (Ball) at Kohl’s Department Store, 11011 E. 71st Street.
  Block appeared at Ball’s checkout counter shortly after 12:30 p.m. on January 3rd. In her shopping cart she had placed $1,132.97 worth of merchandise that she presented for checkout. Block rang up all of the items and then voided the transaction, allowing Block to take the merchandise without paying anything.
  Tulsa Police were called and the two women were arrested, taken to Tulsa Jail and booked at 4 p.m. by TPD Officers Giacomo and Floyd.
  The Walgreens at Pine and Lewis robbery occurred April 7th and has yet to come to trial for Block or her codefendants, Charles Dewayne Thomas, Xavier Hilton, and Joshua Dailey. All are charged with conspiracy to commit robbery and robbery with a firearm.
  Donaraysha Tibbs, a minor at the time of her involvement in the Walgreen’s robbery, faced the same two charges as Block. However, her case was transferred to another county on October 9, 2012.
  District Court arraignment has been elusive for Block. After several passed dates to have that matter taken care of, Block, represented by Mark Collier, is now slated for arraignment before Tulsa District Court Judge Kellough on April 8, 2013.
  Eight days after the Walgreen’s robbery, Block, driving a borrowed Chevy Suburban  was involved in collision involving the injury of Bradley Luster at the Shell convenience store located at 11th and Yale Avenue.
  She left the scene of the accident, was later apprehended by Tulsa Police and charged with leaving the scene of an injury accident, DUS, and failure to yield from a private road (Shell parking lot). That case is also pending.



Headline: Convicted Thief Discovers What A Difference A Last Name Makes (1 image). . Amber Watson, (9/6/87), has been in Tulsa Jail since December 20th.  On January 25th she was convicted of LMFR and false impersonation, having giving Tulsa Police officers investigating an attempted LMFR at Dillard’s on the day of her incarceration.
  When she was arrested for attempting to steal more than $500 worth of merchandise from the department store, officers asked the simplest of questions to the formerly convicted felon, “What is your name?” To which, Watson responded, “Amber Grayson.”
  When her case came before Tulsa County Judge C. Smith for preliminary hearing, Watson waived her right to the hearing and to trials and entered a guilty plea to both charges.
  The judge accepted Amber’s plea and promptly sentenced her to six months in David Moss and a fine of $600 with court and other costs for the LMFR. But, for changing her last name as the police officer filled out his report, Amber, represented by Matt Kehoe, received a sentence of five years in DOC custody, and another $600 fine, plus court and other costs. She was credited for time served and the sentences are to run concurrently with each other. Additionally, the sentences are to run concurrently with a four-year suspended sentence she was handed in 2009 by Judge S. Smith. It was a case and sentence she shared with codefendant Melinda Markisha Bell. Both were convicted of possession of a CD in the presence of a minor and paraphernalia possession.


Headline: Meth-Makers' Arrest A Reminder Of A Dark Day At Comanche Park Apts (5 images). . February 4, 2013 Police Blotter Arrests: Johnny Crawford: 11/26/68, 1339 E. 38th St. No., Comanche Park Apartments, Chg: Manufacturing Meth in public housing, poss./delivery CD w/intent w/in 1000 ft of public housing.
Robert Earl Crawford: 11/18/69, 13898 E. 38th, Chg: Endeavoring to manufacture.Vicki Maria Crawford: 5/3/65, 1389 E. 38th, Comanche Park Apartments, Chg: Endeavoring to manufacture.
Editor’s Note: Perhaps, Johnny, Robert and Vicki Crawford were not around when we printed this article in the Tulsa’s Star newspaper. It’s about what happens when the meth manufacturing process goes badly. This is a sliver of that article:
The Comanche Apartments Murder-Meth And Arson Case (Occurred On March 30, 2009)
The State’s Case Against Christopher Stinson, Bobby Warren, And Amber Ketcher: The Rest Of The Story
  Residents of Comanche Park Apartments were astounded to learn a neighbor, a mother of four small children, had allowed her upstairs to be turned into a lab for the purpose of manufacturing methamphetamines, a powerful drug with the potential to destroy the lives of whomever becomes a user, and have serious ramifications on their family ties and social relationships.
  Perhaps, what makes the drug a more dangerous threat to lives and property is when amateur chemists, with homemade chemistry sets set out to manufacture meth in motels, vehicles, apartments, or wherever  they feel they can get away with it. The desire to make a profit and have the drug for personal use outweighs the danger to innocent people’s lives their activity creates, at least in their minds.
  In the case of the mother, Amber Dawn Ketcher, the drug led to a fire in her low-income apartment unit, the burning death of her husband, Sean Ketcher, burn injuries to the face and arms of her brother, Bobby Joe Warren, and the loss of her children to the state.
Bobby Joe Warren escaped a prison sentence, but Ketcher, despite losing her husband to a gruesome burning death in the apartment courtyard, and losing custody of her children, was charged with manufacturing and second-degree murder. She is currently serving two 20-year concurrent DOC prison terms at Mabel Bassett Correctional Center in McLoud. Her term, which began March 3, 2011, is set to expire on March 28, 2029.
  Stinson, the “head chemist” in the bedroom laboratory, that resulted in death and the destruction of other residents’ property, is serving life at R.B. Dick Conner Correctional Center in Hominy. He began his sentence on January 28, 2011.


Headline: Conviction For Assault & Battery On Police Officer May Impact Court's Decision In Gilliam Knife Assault Case (One Inmage). .  Lashondia Jean Richardson, 11/16/91, of 2855 E. 42nd Street North has been in Tulsa Jail for nearly six months, charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. She had allegedly chased down and stabbed her mentally challenged boyfriend’s mother in the back.
  Her court case has been moving slowly through Tulsa District Court. So slowly, that four counts of failure to pay court costs on two felonies and two traffic violations caught up with her and have been added to her A&BWDW charge.
  One of those added felony charges was for an assault and battery on a police officer that occurred on New Years Day, 2011, and the second was for a 2007 larceny of merchandise from a retailer charge. The assault and battery got her a nine-month stay at David Moss and the LMFR resulted in a two-year suspended sentence.
  The A&BWDW charge after a former felony conviction could be problematical for the defendant.
  According to court records, On April 6, 2012, Richardson had called and gotten permission from Josephine Gilliam, her boyfriend’s mother, to come to their home at 1515 N. Denver and spend the night.
  Responding to a 911 call at that address, Tulsa Police officers arrived and found EMSA on the scene treating a woman for a stab wound. The officers located the caller, Eric Pankey, the brother of the boyfriend Jerrod Gilliam, who related what he knew about the incident.
  He told officers that he was inside the house when Lashondia arrived, but his mother had met her outside. He said he heard his mother yell for someone to help her, and when he ran outside, discovered that his mother had a wound to her back. He said he immediately began rendering first aid.
  Two months following the April 6th incident that took place on the steps to her home, Tulsa Police homicide detectives interviewed Josephine Gilliam to learn what had happened that day.
  Gilliam told the investigators that she had agreed to let Lashondia stay the night in her home, but when she arrived she appeared to be high on drugs. Josephine told her that because she was high she could not stay at her home, nor could she take her son away when she left. Richardson, said Gilliam, became angry and they began arguing in the front yard.
  Suddenly, Gilliam said, Lashondia produced a knife of some sort. That action caused her to move away and then attempt to retreat to the safety of her home, but Richardson chased after her, caught up to her on the porch steps and stabbed her in the back, leaving a two centimeter long wound.
  Richardson fled the crime scene and despite having a warrant with a $10,000 bond issued for her arrest on July 25th, would not be found by investigators until August 31st. The defendant’s case is in Tulsa District Court Judge Kellough’s court and she is represented by Stephanie Singer.



                                                                           Tulsa County Crime Time - Felony Crimes County-Wide



Headline: Justice Center Dr. Recommends Child Abuse Victim Be Removed From Home And Be Given “A Place To Heal” (One Image). . What would motivate a mother to severely punish her seven year-old son to such a degree that her own parents would have to intercede to protect the child from further harm? And, when told by her own father that he would not tolerate a moment more of his grandson being beaten, would she respond, “You only made it worse.” Why would this 27-year-old mom be so angry at her own child as to take him from her parents’ home back to her workplace on a Sunday afternoon and continue beating and administering other punishments on the boy?
  At the moment, none of these questions will be answered for public consumption. However, as the child abuse by injury case of Miranda Kyle Farley heads towards trial in Tulsa County District Court, perhaps, those question will at least be posed to the defendant.
   Farley left her place of employment to go to her dad and stepmother’s residence to administer corporal punishment on her son. It was not revealed by the investigating affiant, as to what precipitated Miranda going after her son’s behind with a ping pong paddle (not that it really matters), but she went after him so vehemently, that her father grabbed the paddle from her hand. According to his wife, who witnessed the beating, Herb Farley told his daughter, “Not in my house!”
  Stopping her in mid swing, according to Penny Farley, caused Miranda to respond that her dad had just made it worse. She left her dad’s house with young Derek in tow, took him to her home to finish what she had started, but instead of using the paddle, switched over to what her son referred to as an “Indian stick.”
  The next day, Monday, February 4th, Penny Farley went to her step-grandson’s school, Pratt Elementary. She told the investigator that she went there to ask the school counselor to check and see if Derek was alright.

  Derek was brought to the counselor’s office and the investigator, not being able to identify any bruising on Derek, had him put on a pair of shorts. Still nothing became visible. Penny Farley knew the bruises were there, having seen them occur immediately as he was being paddled on his bare behind in her home the day before.
  At that point, the investigator telephoned the boy’s mom and asked that she come to the school counselor’s office so that she could pull the shorts down. When Miranda Farley arrived, she handed the police officer a wooden ping pong paddle. “This is what I spanked him with last night,” she told those assembled in the office. Then, she complied with the investigator’s request to view her son’s buttocks by pulling his pants down. Severe bruising was observed covering his entire butt and sides.
  Derek was immediately placed in protective custody and transported to the South Sheridan Road office of the Justice Center for a medical exam and a forensic interview by Dr. Michael A. Baxter DO, and Rose Turner, respectively.
    When the police investigator first met and spoke with Derek in the school counselor’s office, prior to his mom’s arrival, the little boy said his mother has given him lots of spankings at his home, his grandfather (papa) and grandmother’s (nana) house, and at his mom’s work. He said he had been beaten before with a belt, a wooden kitchen spatula, and all had left bruises on his butt. He said Miranda had hit him across his face with her hand also. He told the investigator that he feels very unsafe around his mom when she throws things and yells. Derek said that when his mom came to get him from Papa’s and Nana’s the day before, she hit him with the paddle more than 100 times before Papa made her stop. When they left their home, she drove him about one-half mile to their home where she continued the beating. He said his behind was purple as a result of those two beatings.
  Penny Farley said she had seen the results of Miranda’s handiwork blazed across Derek’s Buttocks in the past, but was prohibited by a threat of divorce from her husband if she dared to contact DHS, because Miranda is his daughter, she said.
  During Dr. Baxter’s examination of Derek, photographs of his bruised bottom were taken. His assessment was that Derek should not be sent back to that environment and extensive psychological evaluations and therapy were indicated. The doctor also noted that Derek needed routine medical and dental care. And, his case needed a full investigation by law enforcement and the Department of Human Services (DHS).
  In the forensic interview with the Justice Center Director Rose Turner, Derek related what he had told SSPD investigator Beaar and the Pratt Elementary counselor.
  On February 12th an arrest warrant was issued by Tulsa County Judge Youll with a bond of $25,000. Miranda was booked into Tulsa Jail the next day and bonded out the day after. Her initial arraignment is scheduled for March 19th. Tulsa’s Star contacted Miranda Farley via telephone. She had “no comment.”



Headline: Defendants In Broken Arrow Drug Trafficking Case Sentenced On Reduced Charge (two images) . . .   Oscar Dean “Sphinx” Ray II, (3/11/79), had been incarcerated in DOC custody previously, but his codefendant in what the Tulsa District Attorney’s Office originally alleged as being a drug trafficking case, Natasha Spielman, (9/20/84), faced a long prison sentence for the first time.
  On January 3, 2012, the two Broken Arrow residents were arrested by officers of the city’s Police Department. Spielman charged with trafficking Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, and having no tax stamp, was not booked into Tulsa Jail until January 5th. Her bonds totaled $31,000.
  Ray faced the same charges, only his came with the letters AFCF behind them and a bond of $112,000.
  When the two defendants’ charges were presented in Tulsa District Court, the original three charges had blossomed into seven.  However, the trafficking charges were dismissed against Speilman on her day in court, July 6, 2012, and on Ray’s day in court on January 2, 2013. Both defendants pled guilty to possession of controlled drugs without tax stamps affixed, and Ray also pled guilty to one count of possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute.
  On July 6, 2012, Speilman, appearing before Judge C. Smith, waived her right to a preliminary hearing and trials to enter a plea of guilty. She was immediately sentenced to two five year deferred sentences. Natasha was placed on probation for two years, fined a total of $1200, and assessed court and other costs.
  Having taken his case beyond the preliminary hearing stage, Ray II, also represented by Jerry Truster,  appeared before Tulsa District Court Judge Gillert for arraignment on January 2nd. At that point, the defendant opted to waive trials and enter a plea of guilty. The judge accepted his plea and promptly  sentenced him to serve three seven-year terms in DOC custody, a total of $1800 in fines, and court and other court costs, per count and the sentences are to run concurrently. Oscar requested immediate transport.
  The state in this case was represented by Andrea Brown and Mary Walters represented the state in the Speilman case.


Headline: Three Charged In Bixby Meth-Making 1st-Degree Arson (three images). .  Bixby Police Officer and special deputy with the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office, Jared Lowe, filed an affidavit with Tulsa County District Court following his examination of a meth manufacturing and arson crime scene.
  On December 5, 2012, at about 11:30 p.m., Bixby firefighters were called to extinguish a residential house fire at 17464 S. 89th East Avenue in Bixby. The fire, they learned upon arrival, had been burning for a long period of time because of its intensity. It would take the firemen more than three hours to extinguish the fire. The house, they reported, was a complete loss due to the fire, coupled with smoke and water damage.
  The morning of December 6th, after the fire had been out for several hours, Bixby fire officials arrived at 8 a.m. to begin their assessment as to what might have caused the intense blaze.
  It wasn’t long before they noticed rubber tubing and a plastic bottle of liquid drain cleaner outside the structure near the rear fence. With those and other meth-making materials they came across and the strong chemical smell that lingered inside several glass jars found in a bedroom, Fire Marshall Wiedel called Bixby Police officers to the scene. The possibility that the fire scene was a meth lab made it a crime scene.
  The residents of the burned out structure, Joshua Allen Kappel, (1/27/75), Paul Joseph Kappel, (5/29/85), and Melinda Emma Broyles, (6/15/84), became immediate suspects in the manufacturing of meth and the arson the process caused.
  On December 18, 2012, Tulsa County Judge Youll issued arrest warrants for all three suspects, with bonds of $80,000 for manufacturing and $60,000 for 1st-degree arson.
   Paul Kappel, the only one of the three without a former felony conviction, was arrested at 8:05 p.m. and booked into Tulsa Jail four minutes later at 8:09 p.m., Sunday, February 10th.
  Broyles, who is one of Tulsa County’s “Most Wanted,”  is currently on a deferred eight-year sentence for child abuse in Tulsa County that doesn’t expire until June 29, 2020. Her deferred sentence began July 2, 2012.
  Joshua Kappel is currently on three-year probation out of Tulsa County for larceny of merchandise from a retailer (LMFR), which doesn’t end until July 8, 2014.





Where Are they Now? What Part  Of The Criminal Justice System Are The Convicted Now In?


Headline: Life Would Be A Whole Lot Different If She Hadn't Parked Her Mustang There (Three Images). . UPDATED FROM MARCH 2012 EDITION:
     It was 9:38 at night back on Jan. 23rd, when Denyreo “Dino” Donnell Leslie Chairs, 23, pulled into the parking lot of apartments at 717 W. 25th Court. He’s Taisha O’Brien’s baby’s daddy and, according to police reports, the first words he uttered when he saw a man talking to Taisha, were, “Hey! That’s my bitch!.
  He was addressing Jermaine Donnell Jackson, 11/25/88, who, during Chair’s absence from the vehicle, came up alongside O’Brien while she sat in her red 2007 two-door Mustang with a paper tag, in front of  Building 13. Jackson’s residence, an apartment he shared with his mother Beverly Haney, was #C in Building 13.
  When Chairs got close, police stated, he opened fire on Jackson, striking him with one of several shots fired. The projectile struck Jackson in his lower left side.
  Jackson was transported by EMSA to St. John Medical Center, and survived his wound. Chairs was found and arrested by Tulsa Police, but on an unrelated charge. His arrest record shows that he was booked into Tulsa Jail on January 24, 2012 at 2:20 a.m.
  Chairs, however, was later tied to the Jackson shooting when the victim picked him out of a photo lineup the day after he was shot. Chairs was rearrested inside Tulsa Jail on a charge of shooting with intent to kill (AFCF) and bond for the case was set at $150,000.
  When booked, Denyreo listed his address as a residence he shared with his mother Veronica Boyd, at 11122 E. 24th Street.
  O’Brien was arrested on the same case the day after the shooting, as they both are charged with possession of forged notes, or instruments. O’Brian also uses the names Chantil O’Brien, Sherrie Autoria Harris, and Tierra Elbert, among others.
  Tiasha lists her address in Muskogee as 920 S. B Street, a home she shares with her mother Sherri O’Brien.
   One month and a day after he was shot by Chairs, Jackson was arrested on a marijuana possession (AFCF) charge at 6300 E. Admiral Blvd. He was additionally charged with possession of marijuana in the presence of a minor, however, that charge did not follow him to court.
  On April 27, 2012, Jackson stood before Tulsa County Judge C. Smith and waived his right to a preliminary hearing and trials before entering a plea of guilty to the possession of marijuana charge. The judge accepted his plea but withheld a finding of guilt, deferring a four-year sentence until April 25, 2016. The victim of the Denyreo Chairs’ SWIK case was also fined $600 and court and other court costs.
  Chairs, now represented by David Phillips, has been in Tulsa Jail since his arrest in 2012, having had numerous court appearances along the way. In this case his jury trial issue (JTI) date of January 7, 2013 was stricken in Tulsa District Court Judge Kellough’s court and rescheduled for June 3, 2013 at 9 a.m.
  In addition to this case, the defendant must also defend against charges of domestic assault and battery and forcible entry that occurred on July 9, 2011. That case is slated for jury trial sounding (JTS) before Tulsa County Judge Hiddle on April 16, 2013.
  O’Brien, sent a letter to Judge Kellough and the Tulsa County DA’s Office through the Tulsa County Clerk’s Office dated February 28, 2012 from her cell in the Muskogee County Jail. In the brief note, she asked for a new court date and to be transported to Tulsa County from the Muskogee Jail.
  On March 9, 2012, O’Brien got a $1000 bond that was transferred to her Tulsa case; and on July 10, 2012 the court issued a bench warrant for her arrest for failure to appear in court. However, she remains out of custody on bond.


Headline: Blades Discovers Giving A Party For Pals Can Leave A Big Big Mess (One Image). . UPDATED FROM MARCH 2012 EDITION TTCT:
  What makes the embezzlement case against Sabrina Susannie Blades, 20, atypical these days is that she is one of those young workers who has to travel a long distance across north Tulsa and east Tulsa for work in jobs that pay very little.
  With gasoline prices soaring, Sabrina Blades, 19, had to fund her transportation costs from money she earned at Wal-Mart, 207 N. Memorial Dr. Earnings destined, perhaps, to pay her obligations. And, she had to stay cool with her peers in the 1600 block of North Boston Place - “hood,” for whatever the reason.
  Unfortunately, high costs, low wages, opportunity and the lack thereof; and larcenous girlfriends can be an invitation to criminal activity. With Blades, the outcome of her attempt to beat the system for her homies led to her arrest for felony embezzlement from her employer.
  On Oct. 17, 2011, Tulsa Police Officer Dickens arrested Blades on her job at Wal-Mart after obtaining information that Blades, aided by three friends, loaded 13 gift cards with $3,150 and sold them for $5 and $10.
   Blades was booked into Tulsa Jail charged with embezzlement. Her bond was set at $2000.
  Eventually, two of the three accomplices in the caper were arrested. They are: Nicole Lavice Livingstone, (9/17/71), and Kiara Michelle Kirk, (10/31/90).
  All three are well into the Tulsa District Court system. On February 9, 2012, one count of embezzlement against Blades was deferred for five years after pleading guilty before Tulsa County Judge Ludi-Leitch. The judge also ordered the defendant to pay $2,797.38 in restitution; but on October 15, 2012, she received  a five-year conviction in Tulsa District Court Judge Musseman’s court on an application to accelerate for not adhering to the rules of probation.. Two other embezzlement charges filed against her had been dismissed in February of 2012.
  For Livingstone, an embezzlement charge against her was dismissed on December 20, 2011, however, a larceny of merchandise from a retailer (LMFR) charge was deferred for four years following her entry of a guilty plea.
  A charge of embezzlement was also dropped against Kirk, but as with Livingstone, a plea of guilty got her one year less time on a three-year deferred sentence, and an identical fine of $600, court and other court costs.


Headline:Armed Robbery Convict Gets Probation Codefendant Nears Judicial Review(Four Images). . UPDATED FROM MARCH 2012 EDITION TTCT:
  Two defendants in a Tulsa District Court armed robbery case that began  July 9, 2011 inside the Sam’s discount store at 6922 S. Mingo, have been incarcerated in Tulsa Jail since their arrest by Tulsa Police officers only moments after the robbery.
  At Sam’s Club a male shopper had been approached by a Black male armed with a shotgun. The suspect, only identified by police as “Hunt,” allegedly pointed the weapon at the man and said, “Mother F” give me your wallet!” At that point, according to the police report, the victim began wrestling with Hunt over the shotgun until two other Black males came along to assist. One of the two men pointed a handgun at the victim’s head which ended his involvement in the fight for the shotgun. He relented and gave up his wallet.
  Afterwards, the three suspects fled Sam’s and were seen getting into a tan SUV parked near Union High School. The vehicle sped away northbound on Mingo.
  Tulsa Police Officers Ralston and Brisbin observed the suspect vehicle on Mingo and initiated a traffic stop. Once the 2004 Ford Explorer stopped, the three males bolted from the vehicle and scattered in different directions.
  In the driver’s seat of the Explorer, they discovered Ashley Marie “Little Bit” Anderson and with the assistance of a K-9 they were only able to locate Hunt and Cort’z Lamonn Blalock, 19, in a retention pond at 9600 E. 63rd Street.
  The victim identified both Hunt and Blalock as participants in the robbery.
  However, only two of the suspects, driver Anderson and Blayock are being prosecuted for this crime. Both entered Tulsa Jail on July 9, 2011 and that’s where they have remained. Both defendants were charged with three counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. Each count carried a $50,000 bond. However, one count was dismissed by the state.
  On Feb. 12, 2012, Anderson, the mother of one child, entered a blind guilty plea before TDC Judge Gillert, who accepted her plea and scheduled sentencing for March 19, 2012.
  Blalock, however, waived his right to a jury trial on Feb. 6, 2012, opting for a non jury trial before Judge Gillert. Then, on Feb. 21st, Blalock, represented by Sharon Holmes, entered a motion to withdraw his waiver of jury trial.
  On March 19, 2012, Anderson, represented by Kathy Fry, made her court appearance before Judge Gillert and entered a blind no contest plea to two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon. The court accepted her plea and sentenced Ashley to 10 years in DOC custody on each count, to run concurrently. Additionally, the defendant was fined a total of $1200, court and other costs.
  After less than a year behind prison walls, Anderson was back before Judge Gillert on February 4, 2013 for a judicial review of her case. At the review, Anderson, represented by Lee Berlin, after Kathy Fry was allowed to withdraw from the case, received a modified sentence. Instead of spending the remaining nine years and 43 days behind bars she will spend that time on probation.
  Blalock, also charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon made his court appearance before Judge Gillert on May 2, 2012. Still represented by Sharon Holmes, the defendant, having given up his right to a non jury trial on March 22nd, received his punishment. His sentence was double that of his codefendant on each count. Cort’z was also fined a total of $1200, and assessed court and other costs.
  Blalock arrived at R.B. Dick Conner Correctional Center in Hominy on July 10, 2012. His concurrent sentence is set to end on July 7, 2031. However, when he was sentenced by Judge Gillert, a judicial review of his case was scheduled for April 15, 2013, over the objection of Andrea Peterson, who represented the state on this matter.


Headline: Embezzler Who Targeted Only $100 Bills Faces Challenges In Paying Restitution (One Image) . .UPDATED FROM MARCH 2012 EDITION TTCT:
  Shannon Gardner’s way of making up for low wages and high transportation costs to get to and from her employment may have impacted her decision to steal cash from her employer. Her trip to work began in the 1100 block of North Union Place.
  Target store manager Thomas Burns told Tulsa Police, who were radio-assigned to the store at 1701 S. Yale on January 12th, that he had a video record of Gardner’s criminal activity. He said the video shows Gardner at separate times either removing a $100 bill from the cash register, or place a $100 a customer would hand her on the side of the register (getting it at her first opportunity) and putting the bill in her pocket.
  He observed her using these methods four different times; and to get the fifth $100, Gardner allegedly loaded a gift card and later, gave it to herself. Gardner, police said, confessed her guilt to the store manager.
  The embezzlement spree of Gardner, according to Tulsa District Court records, began December 22, 2011 and ended on the day of her arrest.
  On April 20, 2012, Gardner, represented by Ron Daniels, waived her right to trials and entered a guilty plea before Tulsa County Judge C. Smith. The judge accepted her plea, but withheld a finding of guilt, opting instead to hand her a two-year deferred sentence until April 14, 2014. Shannon was also fined $600, given a restitution schedule, and assessed court and other costs.
  Prosecuting the case for the state was Travis Horton.
  However, like so many cases these days, Gardner’s case could not be tied neatly with a bow. On December 20, 2012, nearly a year since she first gave herself $100 of Target’s money, Tulsa County Judge Hiddle issued a bench warrant for Shannon’s arrest for failure to pay, with a bond of $1003.50.
  On January 24, 2013, Tulsa District Court Judge Gillert issued a bench warrant on an application to accelerate Gardner’s deferred sentence and set bond at $1000. On the date the DA’s Office filed the application to accelerate, Gardner was $131.00 behind on her restitution payment.


Headline: Johnson Finds That A Forged Prescription For A Pain Relief Narcotic Can Cause More Legal Pain Than It's Worth ( One Image). .  Felicia Ann Johnson has an ongoing felony court case that began the day she walked into the CVS Pharmacy at 2110 S. Harvard and presented a fake prescription to pharmacist Matt Parten.
  Johnson’s first visit to the pharmacy was December 2, 2011, a Friday night at about 9 p.m. She handed Parten a prescription showing the name Dr. Jeffrey Calava, DO, of the Specialty Pain Management Center for 120 Oxycodone 30 mg tablets. She then handed the pharmacist her state ID card for identification and he wrote the number on the top of the prescription.
  Suspicious of Johnson and the prescription for the powerful and oftentimes abused narcotic, Parten said he would probably have to wait until the following Monday to get it filled after he checked with the doctor. Felicia told him that would be okay and then left the building, only to return a short time later to ask pharmacy technician Sherry Callahan if the prescription had been filled. Parten saw Felicia and heard her questioning Callahan. He intervened and told Johnson that he looked up her usage profile and discovered she had been going to several doctors. But, she would still have to wait until Monday.
  Monday morning the pharmacist called Dr. Calava’s office and learned that they did not have a patient by the name Felicia Johnson. The office manager, Paula Calava, said the prescription had to be a forgery.
  The office manager alerted Tulsa Police who looked up the state identification number Parten had written on the prescription and it indeed, checked out to Felicia Johnson.
  With that information, the investigator was able to acquire a photo of Johnson and insert it into a photo lineup that would be shown to Parten and Callahan at CVS. Both, wrote the investigator in his affidavit, “very easily without hesitation or any doubt positively identified Felicia Johnson as the suspect."
  Tulsa County Judge Youll issued an arrest warrant for Johnson on January 10, 2012, with  a $2500 bond. She was not arrested and booked into Tulsa Jail, however, until August 23rd.
  On February 20, 2013, Johnson, represented by Mark Collier, waived her preliminary hearing before Judge Youll, who bound her over to Tulsa District Court Judge Glassco for a February 25th arraignment.



Headline: Grandpa “Crashes” And Pleads Guilty To Three Counts Of Lewd Molestation (One Image). . When investigating the sexual misconduct towards two sisters by their grandfather, Michael Joseph Ives, 5/16/40, of 1539 S. Yorktown Place, Tulsa Police Detectives learned grandpa had been a dirty old man for decades.
  The two granddaughters now in their early teens, said Ives began touching them in their most private places when they were eleven and twelve-years old. The girls said he would always massage them on their backs and before long, start massaging their upper fronts on multiple occasions when they spent time in his home, or his mobile home on Grand Lake.
  The eldest girl, now 16, told investigators that when she was 12 to 13 years old, her grandpa would rub across the naked skin of her private area, but went no further.
  Even when the girl and her parents moved to Clayton, Ohio, Grandpa came to visit in November of 2009. She said the change in location did not deter him from placing his hands where he shouldn’t.
  The elder sister was two years older than her younger sister, but the younger’s story about grandpa’s hand massages was very similar to her sisters; even at Thanksgiving in Clayton, Ohio.
  On December 30, 2011, investigators interviewed Ive’s niece, who is now 46, and she said her uncle Michael had molested her when she was a 10 or 12 years old, doing to her what the teenagers say he did to them through 2009. She said he molested her when she came to visit her aunt at their home at 1759 E. 59th Place in Tulsa.

  On the same day the affiant met with the older niece, the defendant was contacted for an interview regarding the allegations that had been made against him. Ives okayed the interview, but told the detective that all of his granddaughters have come to visit him at his home of 26 years on South Yorktown Place. Prior to the interview, however, Ives said he would speak with his attorney before answering any substantial questions. Ives said he’d be cooperative, but the advice of an attorney would make his coming back down to earth something other than a “crash landing.”
  On January 5, 2012, Ives arrived at Tulsa Police Headquarters in downtown Tulsa for the interview, where he was forthcoming with a confession of guilt to touching both girls on their most private areas. He recalled those things happening when they were 10 to 12 years old in Tulsa, Clayton and at Grand Lake.
  The interview concluded and 26 days later, Tulsa County Judge Youll issued an arrest warrant charging Michael Joseph Ives with three counts of lewd molestation, each count carrying a $50,000 bond. The District Attorney’s Office listed all three charges as having occurred under the umbrella date of January 1, 2006.
  By February 2nd, Ives was in custody and his attorney, Brett Swab was busy getting his client’s bond cut in half in Judge Youll’s courtroom. The next day bond was posted and Ives was once again a free man.
   Ives maintained his innocence and on July 26th, he waived his right to a jury trial in Tulsa District Court Judge Gillert’s court. The defendant was still out on bond and his case was then set for an August 20th courtroom appearance.
  However, for a reason not chronicled in the court record, on August 20th the non jury no issue/disposition hearing  was passed 10 days down the road to August 30th, but Ives’ bond was cleared and he was ordered held with no bond. On August 30th, Ives requested that the hearing be passed to a later date. That being done his next court appearance was slatted for September 17th. On that date, Ives’ waiver of a jury trial was withdrawn and his case reset for a preliminary hearing for October 19 on the third floor. His bond was reinstated and his bondsman was allowed to rewrite Ive’s $25,000 per count bond.

  On October 19th Ives was in the courtroom of Judge Youll, but the scheduled preliminary hearing was passed to November 30th. When that date rolled around, the defendant waived preliminary hearing and his case was sent back to Judge Gillert for District Court arraignment on December 10th. Beginning on that date the whole horse and pony show started all over again until February 11, 2013, when Ives waived his right to trials and entered a plea of guilty to all three counts.
   Judge Gillert accepted the defendant’s plea, but passed sentencing until the defense completes a pre-sentencing investigation report. Formal sentencing is scheduled for March 27, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. Michael was reminded that this is an 85% sentence. Bond was exonerated once again and Ives was sent back to Tulsa Jail.



Headline: Child Sex Abuser Gets 25-Year prison Sentence With A Little Something Extra (One image). . The story of Terry Kent Holcomb II, (6/6/76), was one that caught the eye of TulsasStar.com staffer Tenina Davis.
  According to Tulsa County District Court records, Holcomb’s 10-year-old daughter had on February  23, 2011, revealed to a counselor at her school that Terry had sexually molested her at his apartment located at 10620 E. 66th Street #167. She said that it had occurred several times, beginning on August 31, 2010.    
  The girl was placed in protective custody and Holcomb was taken into custody by Tulsa Police detectives at his children’s day care the same day.
  Davis is primarily Tulsa's Star graphics artist, but she is always on alert for those crime stories that "just don't seem quite right. Holcomb's court proceedings, at the time, fit that definition and in the October 2012 Edition, Davis wrote an article entitled "Terry Holcomb II At Long Last Gets Bond Increase Of $225,000 And A Trip To Tulsa Jail For 2010 Crimes Of Sexual Abuse Of A Minor: It was the major issue in Holcomb's story that stood out. That is, the question that arose from the court going from a relatively light bond to nearly a quarter of a million dollars was for Davis, an attention grabber. Her article continued. . .
  The issue of additional bond for Holcomb was again brought before Judge Kellough on May 23, 2011, where Holcomb, a sales representative at the giant Tulsa real estate firm of Cb R Ellis (CBRE), was told not to have any contact with any prosecution witnesses and that the issue of increased bond was taken under advisement.
  On August 1, 2011, during his District Court arraignment, Holcomb, represented by Stan Monroe, stood mute, so the court entered a plea of not guilty on his behalf. A jury trial date was set for January 19, 2012 and the defendant was again reminded that he was not to have any contact with witnesses in this case. The state, represented by Erik Grayless, requested a ruling on its motion to increase Holcomb’s bond and a hearing on the matter was scheduled for August 11, 2011.
  On August 11th, the bond hearing was passed to August 29, 2011 and after hearing witnesses, the court overruled the bond increase.
   Then, after numerous trial dates had come and gone, prosecutor Grayless again called for a bond increase hearing on August 13, 2012. The court then ordered Holcomb to obtain a GPS monitor, and cautioned him not to leave Tulsa County without the court’s permission.
  On September, 28, 2012, after numerous hearings since August 13th, the state called once again for a bond increase and this time the court granted the motion to the tune of $75,000 for each of the five counts. Holcomb could now take off that GPS monitor, as it has no place in Tulsa Jail, where he was hauled to and booked at 2:34 p.m. the same day.
  Holcomb came up with the bond money three days later and was once again out on the street. He did not have to wear a GPS monitor, nor were there any restrictions placed upon his travel.
  As the wheels of justice turn ever so slowly, the answer to the question of why suddenly he was to wear a  GPS monitor, why his travel was restricted, and why the big increase in bond, was finally revealed.
  Twice in the Davis article did Judge Kellough remind Holcomb not to have any contact with witnesses in this case. That was amended to allow him visitation with his wife and daughter. The visitation with the alleged victim, however, was not enough leeway for the defendant. Terry broke the rules when on March 15, 2012, he used his own cell phone to call ex-wife and trial witness, Krista Stover's cell phone at her family home in California. They have been divorced for eleven years.
  Krista told investigators that she recognized his voice and during the conversation he told her that he had in his possession confidential child protective files on her children that he had gotten from his attorney. He said he knew where she lived and where her children went to school. He told her that if she testified against him he'd take her (and his biological) 14-year-old son away and she'd never see him again.
  The witness intimidation case arrived on the desk of Tulsa County Judge Ludi-Leitch who issued a warrant for Holcomb's arrest on May 30, 2012, with a bond of $10,000.
  That charge did not follow him into his jury trial - or did it?
  On February 4, 2013, Holcomb's jury trial took place in Judge Kellough's courtroom. A jury of his peers found him guilty on all five counts of child sexual abuse and sentenced him to five years in DOC custody on each count.
  During formal sentencing on February 19th, the judge went along with the jury's sentencing recommendations, but made the sentences consecutive, added a total of $2500 in fines, and then added another three years to the fifth count to be served on probation. Holcomb was credited for time served and earned.
  The defendant, who had moved to Overland Park, Kansas during the long court process, had been taken into custody eight days after the jury verdict on February 12th and booked into Tulsa Jail. He awaits transport.




                                                                       Police Blotter: Mugshots Of Lawbreakers, Their Crime, Date Of Booking                                                         


                                              Police Blotter Abbreviations: List of Abbreviations For Certain Crimes With Daily Tally Of DUI Arrests